Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Presentations and Farewells!

This week was the class's final week within 'Issues in Publication and Design'.
Previously I have posted the draft of my exegisis coupled with information on the artefacts I have created on Emily Post (1922) etiquette.
There were some amazing work created and shown to the class on monday. I was somewhat impressed. These included a door which had been painted light blue to follow the theorists we have studied design principles. This had framed images and text tacked to it explaining and demonstrating "Door" etiquette. This student was voted the best out the class and received a chocolate as a reward!
There were alot of films and audio created to demonstrated people's 'babies' or textual interventions on Post's work. Many were highly humorous.
I feel my presentation went well. Sadly the audio would not load, however the short film I had made featuring sock puppets seemed to entertain the class, and I feel the tenancy agreement stating 'my baby' of house sharing etiquette and the 'Mr Funny' poster met the graduate qualities of the artefacts.
I must say that this has been quite a unique course overall. I'm not sure if I am a born 'designer' at all but it was most certainly interesting, and I hadn't realised prior how much thought went into delivering the message to the audience using formatting, fonts etc. Fonts even have there own term 'typography,' it is definately more involved than I had initially thought.

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed the presentations, they were very creative, unique and imaginative. The artefacts presented also demonstrated each student's style and their personalities shone through, which was really nice as a conclusive lesson.

I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog, it is the first I have created, which again has been a unique and new experience for me.

All the best,

Foxy Cleopatra

No comments:

Post a Comment